We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our website, www.terrain-energy.com ("Our Website") and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
The following terms shall have the following meanings:
Terrain Energy Ltd ('Terrain Energy' or 'we', 'our' or 'us') is a limited company registered in England under company number 07004014, whose registered address is at 104 Park Street, London, W1K 6NF, UK.
"Personal data" means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. It means personal data that you give to Us via Our Website. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR")
2. Information About Us
Our Website is hosted by Managed.com
VAT Registration Number is: 989 5811 47
4. Your Rights
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 13);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you, please contact Us using the details in section 13;
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 13 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK's supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner's Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner's Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
5. What Data Do We Collect?
Depending upon your use of Our Site, We may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data:
- business/company name;
- job title;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code;
- IP address;
- web browser type and version;
- operating system;
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to.
6. How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by ordering a product or service, subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of our emails.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email AND/OR telephone AND/OR post with information and news about Our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (PECR Directive) Regulations 2003.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will review your data every 5 years and then;
- consider the purpose or purposes for which we hold the information in deciding whether (and for how long) to retain it;
- securely delete information that is no longer needed for this purpose or these purposes; and
- update, archive or securely delete information if it goes out of date.
7. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
Your data will be stored in the UK. You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Website and submitting information to Us.
Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
- Using appropriate technical and organisational steps, and will store it on our database within a secure network.
- To protect against any data breaches, antivirus and malware protection is installed onto all machines and the drives are encrypted.
8. Do We Share Your Data?
Subject to the statement below, We will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes.
We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you.
In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
9. What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
10. How Can You Control Your Data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 4, when you submit personal data via Our Website, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details).
11. Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access Our Website without providing any data at all. However, to submit an enquiry or order a product or service on Our Website you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
12. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge.
13. Contacting Us